Join the NMC Magazine staff on Wednesday, May 1 from 7:30-9:30 p.m. in Fine Arts 115 to celebrate our creative community at the “In Brief” magazine release party. Come meet the staff and enjoy short readings, visual art, and light refreshments.
The new summer catalog of NMC lifelong learning classes is now available at nmc.edu/ees. There are 317 enrichment opportunities for adults and children of all ages. Informal, short classes are taught by local experts on topics ranging from cooking to fitness, recreation, dance, dog training, watercolors, woodworking, fiction writing, QuickBooks and more. The popular Northern Naturalist classes explore area habitats, wildlife, mushroom and tree identification, birding, and more. Four new Botany Tours highlight ecosystems at Port Oneida, Lost Lake Bog, Kehl Lake Natural Area and Good Harbor Beach. To use your NMC Employee Tuition Waiver, you must register by phone with Extended Education at 995-1700. Subscribe to NMC EES e-newsletters here.
April Wellness Newsletter- go here
May Wellness Breaks
Friday- May 10- Desk Ergonomics for Back Health
Please welcome Dr. Bradley Schiller from Back on Track Chiropractic.
He will review proper ergonomics for your office environment- we will use computer labs so everyone has a desk and chair to practice!
- 10 a.m. Main Campus- Les Biederman 35/37 Computer Lab
- 12 p.m. Great Lakes Campus 210 Computer Lab
Monday- May 20 Walk for Well-being
Join your well-being consultant, Marissa.
- Walking strengthens your heart and lungs and tones your muscles.
- When walking, your feet land with less impact than in other sports. This reduces chances of muscle, bone, and joint injury
- Regular walking improves your cholesterol levels and lowers your risk of heart disease. And it helps you control your blood sugar if you have diabetes.
- Walking is a weight-bearing activity, which helps maintain bone density. This can help prevent osteoporosis.
- Taking walks can help you relax and manage stress.
- 10 a.m.- Great Lakes- meet in front of main entrance
- Noon- Parsons Stulen- meet in front of main entrance
- 2 p.m.- University Center- meet in front of entrance to EES
- 3 p.m.- Main Campus meet in front of Founders Hall
The following employees are celebrating an anniversary soon. Please join us in congratulating them! (more…)