A Lockdown Alert is issued to temporarily restrict movement on a campus during a situation that could potentially endanger the welfare of the College community.
Situations may include an:
- Incident involving a violent or criminal act
- Active shooter or Hostage situation
A Lockdown is used when it may be more dangerous to evacuate a building than stay inside. Building exterior doors will be secured to prevent entry.
When notified of a Lockdown:
- Remain indoors and secure the entrance to your classroom or office
- Seek concealment away from windows and doors.
- Turn off lights
- Close the blinds
- Place cell phones on “vibrate only” and silence other electronic devices
- If you are in a hallway or a general open area, move into an enclosed room and secure the entrance
- Remain in a secure room until you are notified by the Office of Safety and Security, College officials, fire/rescue, or police that the situation has been resolved
- During the incident, the College will provide updates through its multiple communications methods
- If you are outdoors, immediately take cover
- If you are commuting to a campus and receive a Lockdown alert, remain off campus until notified the situation has been resolved
This information along with a comprehensive list of other topics can be found at