The following is this month’s Emergency Management article concerning hazardous material spills or releases.
If a spill or release of hazardous materials should occur within a building:
- Contact the Campus Security 995-1111 and provide the name and quantity of the material, if known.
- Evacuate all persons from the affected area and secure area to prevent further contamination.
- Do not attempt to clean up the spill unless you have related training.
- Anyone who is contaminated by a spill should wash off the contamination with water, remain in the vicinity, and provide their names to the Security officers.
If a spill or release of hazardous materials should occur outside a building:
- Security officers or members of the Campus Response Team may request persons to shelter-in-place.
- If outside, move into a building.
- During the incident, the College will provide updates through its multiple communication methods.
- Remain indoors until notified by the Campus Security, College officials, fire/rescue, or police that the situation has been resolved.
This information along with a comprehensive list of other topics can be found at