As of yesterday, November 1, 2017, the NMC Food Pantry is accepting orders! Please tell students that they can place up to weekly orders for food and personal hygiene items by filling out the linked form at: nmc.edu/food-pantry. The link to the form can also be found on the student Home page.
The Food Pantry Team has been meeting for months and is pleased to invite you to donate your time, money, and/or food to help this cause.
- Time — please consider volunteering for a shift to learn how our process works and so you can tell others about your experience. We’re using SignUp.com (the leading online signup and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming activity.
Please sign up to be a Food Pantry Volunteer!
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click here to go to our invitation page on SignUp.com.
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on SignUp.com)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots – SignUp.com will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy! *
- Money — there’s a payroll deduction for the Food Pantry now. Please go to: employees.nmc.edu/give. Since at least 5 of our students in an average 40 student classroom could be food insecure, we are collect money and food under the name: The Minus 5 Project. If NMC employees donated $5 per paycheck per person, we could raise $78,000 per year to combat student food needs and beyond!
- Food — you can always donate non-perishable food items at any of the three main desks in the library.
Any questions, contact the Student Life Office at 995-1118. Thank you so much for your support of our students!
*Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact Lisa Thomas at email@example.com to sign up manually.