Dr. Jerry Young, an Adjunct Tuba Instructor at NMC, in collaboration with co-author Scott C. Watson (University of Kansas) recently published a new book titled A Practical Guide to Studio Teaching in Higher Education. Published by GIA Publications of Chicago, the text serves as handbook for those who aspire to deliver private instruction in all music performance areas including academic preparation, applying and interviewing for jobs, and building a successful career. Jeff Cobb, Director of Music Programs and Choirs at NMC, served as a consultant for text content on two-year colleges.
NMC on YouTube
Subscribe to NMC's YouTube channel to be notified of new videos as soon as they're posted.
Promote your event
Use the promotion request form at nmc.edu/promo to request promotion of your NMC-related announcement, program or event.
Sign up for NMC Now!
- Success Story: Younger adults now eligible as state seeks a better-educated workforce
- NMC hosts Building Tomorrow Oct. 5, 6
- Student Connect: International Tea
- Helping Our Students through the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Institutionalization (DEII) Survey
- NMC Jazz Bands join the Jeff Haas Trio at The Alluvion