NMC Student Health Services provides medical care and health education for our students. Our staff includes a medical doctor, a nurse practitioner, a medical assistant and an office manager. If specialty care is needed, you may be referred to a local provider. All currently enrolled students are eligible to use our confidential services for their health care during the Fall and Spring semesters. Students enrolled in at least 6 credits have a health services fee included in their tuition. Students taking less than 6 credits can pay $40 per semester for access to clinic services.
- Diagnosis and treatment of common illnesses, injuries and medical problems
- Annual physicals and gynecological exams
- Maritime and Health Occupation physicals
- Gynecological exams and contraception
- Mental health concerns
- STI testing, treatment and counseling
- Free pregnancy testing
- TB testing
- Immunizations – Tetanus, hepatitis B, influenza, some travel vaccinations
- Laboratory services, including strep, mono, and influenza testing
- Rapid COVID-19 testing for students experiencing symptoms or with exposures
- Allergy injections
- We maintain a small supply of common over-the-counter medications
The clinic is open Monday through Friday 9 a.m.–4 p.m. We are located on main campus in the Les Biederman Building, room 106 (#6 on the Main Campus Map). Please call (231) 995-1255 to schedule an appointment.
Have a safe and healthy semester!