TRAVERSE CITY — As our region continues to see an increase in COVID-19 vaccination rates, and updates to state and federal health guidelines, starting Monday, July 19, NMC is moving to Stage 4 of its 4-Stage Reopening Plan.
More activity is allowed on campus including:
- Reopening of the NMC fitness center for students and employees
- Summer course delivery will continue as planned
- Fall course delivery will continue to be offered as listed. More in-person sections may be added if demand increases
- In-person meetings and gatherings are allowed
- On-campus work is allowed
- Employees no longer need to use the Campus Clear app
- Employees who can work from home may continue
- Some activities may not yet be available yet for a variety of reasons, including staffing levels.
NMC Human Resources is finalizing updates to the remote work policy. The “Reimagining Work” committee will collaborate with Leadership Council on addressing the needs and opportunities to support flexible work while continuing to meet the needs of our students.
The Delta variant of COVID-19 is spreading quickly throughout the country and may pose a greater risk for unvaccinated people, including young people. Some symptoms are similar to the original strain including:
- Sore throat
Cough and loss of smell may be less common symptoms of the Delta variant. Vaccines are effective and widely available for those 12 and older. To schedule an appointment near you please visit vaccines.gov.
We will continue to communicate with you on the evolving COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on our campus community. You can find more information and resources at nmc.edu/covid-19. Thank you to everyone who helped keep our NMC community safe during the pandemic, and your continued support.
Release Date: July 19, 2021
For more information:
Executive Director of Public Relations, Marketing and Communications