Dear NMC family,
I am pleased to announce that NMC is kicking off its strategic planning process, and I invite you to take an active role in helping us chart the course for the College’s future. As we embark on our eighth decade as an institution, our ability to take thoughtful risks and remain agile and innovative in a fast-paced environment is more essential than ever.
The Strategic Planning Steering Committee has been charged with coordinating an inclusive approach to engaging all of the College’s primary stakeholders as we clarify who we are, what we want to become, and how we can achieve our desired future state. As co-chairs for the Steering Committee, Vicki Cook and Stephen Siciliano will lead a transparent and open process, culminating in a future-focused plan that will refocus our energies and resources for the next three calendar years as we leverage our past successes to meet the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead.
NMC has partnered with CampusWorks, a leading higher education advisory firm, to facilitate the planning process, lead discussions, and gather ideas and recommendations from campus and community workshops, forums, focus groups, and surveys to inform the plan’s measurable goals and objectives. Dr. Chrissy Coley, Portfolio Executive Leader, and Dr. Kevin David, Portfolio Director, will serve as our primary consulting team members. They and their CampusWorks colleagues look forward to engaging with us as a part of this process.
We are now seeking employee volunteers to serve on the Strategic Planning Work Team. That team will be responsible for providing input and vetting recommendations with the CampusWorks’ consultants throughout the strategic planning process. The Work Team reports to the NMC Strategic Planning Steering Committee. The anticipated time commitment is 5-6 hours per month spread between 1-2 meetings. Responsibilities include:
- Participate regularly in strategic planning activities, workshops, events, and e-surveys
- Provide timely input on survey and focus group themes and other various important topics through the process
- Serve as an ambassador for the process, encouraging the engagement of peers, colleagues, and students
- Analyze and synthesize data related to the planning process
- Participate with the Strategic Planning Steering Committee in scan team research
- Assist the Strategic Planning Steering Committee in the development of strategies and objectives for the strategic plan
- Provide the Strategic Planning Steering Committee with input regarding communication practices and how to best engage stakeholders in the planning process
- Escalate questions and concerns that may arise during the process to ensure ongoing progress
If you are interested in serving on the Strategic Planning Work Team, or have any other questions, feedback or ideas, please email email@example.com by April 9. You can find more information and updates at nmc.edu/strategic-planning. Communication regarding upcoming strategic planning workshops will also be sent to you in the near future.
The final strategic plan document will be presented to the Board of Trustees at its December meeting and then launched to the campus community in January 2022. The voices and critical insights of the entire NMC community are central to the success of our efforts, and we value everyone’s participation as we engage in this important process.
Thank you for help,
Nick Nissley, Ed.D. | President | Northwestern Michigan College