Welcome Hawk Owls! We look forward to the start of the fall semester with you and remain committed to your safety and limiting the disruption to learning. Faculty and staff at Northwestern Michigan College have developed comprehensive safety plans to maintain the health of the campus community. The modified schedule released in June provided course options to help maintain the safety of the campus community while allowing access to the courses students need to continue their programs of study.
These are unprecedented times and it will take all faculty, staff and students working together to keep each other safe, and allow us to return to campus with fewer restrictions, sooner. It is important that we all do our part to prevent the spread of COVID-19. This commitment to each other’s safety extends to our actions on campus, in campus housing, student activities (on and off campus) and our interactions with others off campus as well. Please review the Exposure Control Awareness flyer for further guidance.
- Masks – Everyone on campus is required to wear a mask over their nose and mouth while inside NMC buildings and outside when six foot distancing cannot be maintained. If you are medically unable to wear a mask please contact Disability Services for assistance.
- Physical Distancing – You should maintain six feet of distance between yourself and others with whom you do not live, to the maximum extent possible.
- Disinfect your workspaces – Maintain proper hygiene and health practices, including:
- Routinely cleaning and sanitizing your living space and/or workspace
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water or, if soap is unavailable, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching your face
- No eating in public spaces – Eating on campus will only be allowed in designated areas.
Complete self-screening each day before coming to campus. View the self-screening steps within the COVID-19 Exposure Control Awareness pamphlet attached to this email or at nmc.edu/keepsafe.
Follow Public Health Guidance and Cooperate with Public Health Authorities
Follow all applicable state and public health guidance, and cooperate with public health authorities, including, but not limited to, contact tracing. You will also need to follow the guidance from the college. Please heed the guidance of signs on campus and check your email frequently for updated information.
NMC has developed a comprehensive safety plan and flexible learning options that are designed to help you stay safe and continue working to achieve your goals. We know the situation will likely continue to evolve as the pandemic continues. We promise to keep communicating with you about any potential changes. You can also stay up to date and share your thoughts anytime at nmc.edu/covid19.
Thank you for your commitment and good luck on your semester!