We know this has been a challenging time for many of you as we all respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
During this time NMC has remained committed to your safety and to limiting the disruption to learning as much as possible. This includes working to help ease the financial hurdles to your education.
NMC has applied for funding through the Federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act to provide emergency financial aid grants to students for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus.
In addition, the NMC Foundation has emergency funds for scholarships.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- All students can fill out the application.
- Only students who have completed a FAFSA and qualify for federal financial aid are eligible for CARES Act funds.
- All students may be eligible for other types of aid from NMC.
WHAT SHOULD I DO?
If you are eligible for Federal Financial Aid, make sure to complete the FAFSA. Others, just complete the Emergency Aid Application.
Aid will be awarded in the order of application.The amount will be based on:
- type of emergency financial need
- prior known financial need
- number of credits enrolled
- availability of funds
- Refund requests for dropped courses: The refund date for the semester has already passed, but you can make a refund exception request here.
- We have streamlined the process and will not require additional documentation for COVID-19 related issues.Refund Exception Form
- Apply for scholarships here.
- If you are not sure whether you fit the criteria for emergency funds, but have a financial need, question, or concern, please contact Student Financial Services at email@example.com. As always we are here to assist you to make sure you are able to benefit from all aid that you are eligible for.