As our state continues efforts to mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer has extended the Stay Home, Stay Safe order through April 30. To support this effort, and comply with the order, Northwestern Michigan College will extend the closure of all five of its campuses in Traverse City through April 30.
Virtual instruction of classes will continue through the end of the semester May 2. You can also see a complete list of canceled events here.
The following NMC services remain closed:
- The Hawk Owl Café in the Oleson Center
- Northwest Grind–Starbucks in Osterlin Library
- The NMC Fitness Center
- The NMC Bookstore
- Osterlin Library
- Lobdell’s: A Teaching Restaurant
- The Hagerty Center
- The Dennos Museum Center
This is an unprecedented and rapidly evolving situation. We will continue to communicate with you to keep you safe and limit the disruption to learning as much as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to your instructor or use this feedback form and one of our student support team members will get back to you within 24 hours.
As we get updates and changes, we post them first on nmc.edu/coronavirus. Please check there for the latest information.
NMC has also compiled a list of resources to help you succeed in your studies during this challenging time, which include the following:
- Student Services including advising, personal counseling and free tutoring are also available. Online tutoring in math, Biology, A/P, Chemistry, Accounting, Spanish and Computers is available now. Zoom sessions are also available. Email email@example.com or call (231) 995-1138 for help.
- Academic resources like an orientation to Moodle, NMC’s online course management system.
- A list of providers and mobile carriers offering free Internet service to students.
- Instructions for using online video conferencing tools like Zoom and Google Meet (formerly Hangouts).
- The NMC Food Pantry, which can help supply you with food and personal items.
NMC Public Relations