To all hourly staff employees, supplemental employees, and student employees,
As President Nissley stated in his message yesterday, the college is closed for all but essential functions through March 28, 2020. During this period you will be paid for your scheduled hours whether or not you are working.
In ADP, please report the hours you were scheduled to work. You will be paid according to your schedule.
For the weeks ending 3/21 and 3/28:
- If you are working during this period, please report the actual hours you worked as you would normally.
- IMPORTANT: If you did not work all of the hours that you were scheduled, please use the COVID-19 time code in ADP to categorize the hours you did not work. This will ensure that you are paid for this time, and allow us to record these hours separately. The reason we need to record these hours separately is that the federal government will likely be providing employers like NMC with a tax credit to offset the cost of these wages.
- If you are unable to work on a scheduled work day due to illness, please use the COVID-19 code to report sick time.
- You will be paid for all of the hours you were scheduled to work.
- Supervisors will review and approve your hours.
If you are able to work remotely, and your supervisor has identified work for you during this two-week closure, your supervisor will be contacting you regarding arrangements and expectations for this work. Social distancing is recommended by community health experts to slow the spread of this disease. We strongly encourage you to practice social distancing at all times.
Please do not come to campus during this period.
We will be communicating again soon about our plans for the period after this two-week closure (Monday, March 30 and on).
Please check our information hub for regular updates and FAQs: NMC.EDU/CORONAVIRUS
Please continue to watch your email for further notifications. Your questions are welcomed and should be addressed either to your direct supervisor or to the HR team.
AVP of Human Resources
1701 East Front Street, Traverse City, MI 49686