On Tuesday, October 10, the Center for Instructional Excellence and the Professional Development Institute will host the second annual NMC Fall Conference (formerly Faculty and Staff Professional Development Day.) This college-wide professional development event is open to all regular faculty, adjunct faculty, and regular staff.
An appointment has been sent to your NMC calendar. I ask that we all make appropriate accommodations for supplemental staff and student employees to cover our areas to allow regular employees to attend.
A wide variety of sessions will be available for all NMC faculty and staff to come together to talk about best practices and share ideas, giving everyone an opportunity to collaborate and learn from each other.
This year’s event will focus on innovation, collaboration, and best practices; and will give us the opportunity to enhance the value of our joint investment.
- 8–8:25 a.m.: Light breakfast
- 8:30–9:15 a.m.: Opening session & overview of the day
- 9:15 a.m.–12:05 p.m.: Morning Breakout Sessions
- 12:10–1:10 p.m.: Lunch provided (for attendees only)
- 1:25–2:25 p.m.: Afternoon Breakout Sessions & Wrap-up
- 2:30–3:30 p.m.: Networking reception, refreshments provided
Watch for a more detailed agenda with a list of sessions that will allow you to plan your day.
Thanks for all you do to keep learning at the center and to promote the success of our learners through innovation and collaboration.
1701 E. Front Street
Traverse City, MI
Phone: (231) 995-1010