TRAVERSE CITY — NMC’s Professional Communications class is holding its third annual Food For Thought food drive through November 16 to support local food pantries in the five-county area.
Food For Thought partners with the Northwest Food Coalition to combat food insecurity by helping to fill more than 50 local food pantries. In 2013, the Northwest Food Coalition fed more than 450,000 people. By organizing the food drive as a semester-long service learning project, NMC students also practice professional communications skills.
To donate, community members may drop off non-perishable food and personal hygiene items at:
- Traverse City Walmart: Oct. 26, 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
- Tom’s Food Market, East Bay, Acme, Interlochen, and Fourteenth Street locations: Nov. 1 and 2, 10 a.m.–5p.m.
- UAV/Robotics/Automotive Exploration Day at Aero Park Lab building: Nov. 8, 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
- NMC main, Aero Park and University Center campus buildings: Through Nov. 16
- Pick up service: Contact Kyle Harris at (231) 360-1546
Local business are donating raffle prizes. Anyone who donates five non-perishable food items at the Tom’s or Walmart events will automatically receive a raffle ticket. Monetary donations may be made at www.facebook.com/NMCFoodForThought/info. Click on the donations link, click “other,” and type in “food drive.”
Release date: October 16, 2014
For more information:
Student Media Contact