TRAVERSE CITY — NMC has learned a student who had recently been on main campus has tested positive for COVID-19. NMC Health Services believes the risk is low for widespread exposure from this case.
Dates, times and locations of possible exposure include:
- Sept. 22, 3–5 p.m., Scholars Hall 104
Any individuals who were in that area during that time are asked to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms for 14 days following the potential exposure. Close contacts will be informed directly. Close contacts who are unvaccinated should quarantine for 10 days after potential exposure. Close contacts who are fully vaccinated should monitor for symptoms for 14 days and test 3–5 days after potential exposure.
Staying safe and limiting the spread of COVID-19 on NMC’s campuses is a shared responsibility.
- Safety protocols include mandatory masks indoors on all campuses. Comprehensive information at nmc.edu/covid-19.
- Work with county health departments to monitor the spread of COVID-19.
- Communication with you about cases on our campuses. You can also check the Cases on Campus Dashboard for additional information.
Student /employee responsibilities:
- Any student who believes they may be positive for COVID-19 should contact NMC’s Health Services at (231) 995-1255.
- Any employee who believes they may be positive for COVID-19 should contact Human Resources at (231) 995-1350.
- Students and employees who may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 should follow these guidelines. If you have questions you can call Health Services or Human Resources.
- Take advantage of free, safe, COVID-19 vaccines now widely available for those ages 12 and up. To find a vaccine near you, please visit nmc.edu/vaccines.
- Testing is available at NMC’s Health Services by appointment and at other local agencies. Find a list of local testing sites here.
Release date: September 24, 2021
For more information:
Associate Vice President of Public Relations, Marketing and Communications