TRAVERSE CITY — NMC has learned a guest speaker who had recently been on the Aero Park campus has tested positive for COVID-19, as well as a student who had been on main campus. NMC Health Services believes the risk is low for widespread exposure from both cases.
Dates, times and locations of possible exposure include:
- Tuesday, Sept. 7 and Thursday, Sept. 9: 1–3 p.m. Fine Arts 132; 3:10–5:10 p.m. Fine Arts 135
- Wednesday, Sept. 8: 10:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m. Health & Science 211
- Thursday, Sept. 9, 6–6:30 p.m. Parsons-Stulen room 157A
Any individuals who were in those areas during those times are asked to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms for 14 days following the potential exposure.
Staying safe and limiting the spread of COVID-19 on NMC’s campuses is a shared responsibility.
- Safety protocols include mandatory masks indoors on all campuses. Comprehensive information at nmc.edu/covid-19.
- Work with county health departments to monitor the spread of COVID-19.
- Communication with you about cases on our campuses. You can also check the Cases on Campus Dashboard for additional information.
Student /employee responsibilities:
- Any student who believes they may be positive for COVID-19 should contact NMC’s Health Services at (231) 995-1255.
- Any employee who believes they may be positive for COVID-19 should contact Human Resources at (231) 995-1350.
- Students and employees who may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 should follow these guidelines. If you have questions you can call Health Services or Human Resources.
- Take advantage of free, safe, COVID-19 vaccines now widely available for those ages 12 and up. To find a vaccine near you, please visit nmc.edu/vaccines. Vaccinated NMC students are also eligible for a drawing with prizes including free tuition and housing.
Testing is available at NMC’s Health Services by appointment and at other local agencies. Find a list of local testing sites here.
RELEASE DATE: SEPTEMBER 14, 2021
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Associate Vice President of Public Relations, Marketing and Communications