Dear NMC community — Thank you for continuing to be such active and engaged participants in our ongoing strategic planning process.
Since our last update, we held our signature Future Summit event on June 23, where more than 120 NMC employees, students and community partners listened to EdTalks on topics key to NMC’s continued vitality and then broke into groups to discuss each talk and develop impact statements outlining future NMC opportunities. These impact statements will help inform and guide the college’s Strategic Plan. (A link to the Future Summit presentations and closing session can be found on employees.nmc.edu)
The next step is for the Strategic Planning Steering Committee and Work Team to break into Scan Team work groups and research the major themes from the Future Summit impact statements, a process that is now under way following a July 14 orientation session.
Other recent and upcoming strategic planning activities include the following:
- The Board of Trustees held a Strategic Planning Vision and Values Workshop during a special meeting June 9. Trustees continue to be updated at their monthly meeting with reports available in each monthly agenda packet and the latest report is available here.
- A Scan Team Preference Survey was conducted in early July to help match Scan Team members to their preferred topics.
- The Steering Committee met to review the strategic planning process, steering committee role, and upcoming activities and the Steering Committee and Work Team met to review impact statements and make Scan Team assignments July 14.
- Scan Teams will conduct research into the key topics from the Future Summit in a series of meetings through July and early August, and use their research to develop recommendations for the Steering Committee and Work Team.
- On August 10, the Steering Committee will hold a Mission/Vision Workshop.
- On August 17, the Steering Committee and Work Team will review and present findings and recommendations from the various Scan Teams.
- NMC employees will take part in an Employee Values Workshop during Opening Conference August 23.
We will continue to provide regular updates on the strategic planning process as we work toward final plan approval by the board in December 2021. You can get updates any time at nmc.edu/strategic-planning and email any questions to email@example.com.
Release Date: July 19, 2021
For more information:
Executive Director of Public Relations, Marketing and Communications