The deadline to RSVP for the April 11 Retirement & Recognition Reception is Wednesday, April 4. If you haven’t responded, please do so as soon as possible. You can RSVP by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The reception will be held Wednesday, April 11, 4:30–7 p.m. at the Hagerty Center. The program begins at 5 p.m.
View the full list of honorees here.
How do I get started?
- Log in to your Blue Cross® Blue Cross Blue Shield® of Michigan account or the Blue Cross® Blue Shield® of Michigan mobile app on April 2, 2018.
- Select Blue Cross Health & Wellness.
- Register using the prompts on the home screen.
- Start your team!
- Contact Chris Barr or Hollie DeWalt for instructions if you did not elect medical benefits through NMC.
How many people can be on a team?
- There is a limit of 3 people per team.
How do I log my steps?
- You can sync a compatible device or manually enter the steps under Health Information and Device and App Connection Center within the Blue Cross® Health & Wellness Website
- Those that do not have medical benefits through NMC should contact Chris Barr or Hollie DeWalt for instructions.
When do my steps count?
- Steps count toward your average beginning April 9, 2018 until May 11, 2018.
Want to learn more about the challenge? Attend an informational meeting on April 9, 2018:
- 10 a.m. – UC 106
- 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.- FH 110
- 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.- GL 103
- 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.- PS 106
KUDOS – (praise or respect that you get because of something you have done or achieved) defined by Merriam-Webster.com
Submit a Kudos here.
Kudos to Sam Foster: Sam went above and beyond to help get a file to me that I had on my desktop at main campus and sent it to me at the University Center so I could access needed information in an apartment related emergency.
He could not get into my computer via remote due to some issues with the computer not turning on automatically so he had to go over to my office and turn on the computer to access and send me the file. While there, he told me he would also check on why my computer does not automatically turn on after shut down. Thanks Sam!
Kudos to the Foundation Staff: Founder’s Hall is where all candidates meet an HR representative prior to an interview. The Foundation staff is always welcoming and ensures our candidates are comfortable while they wait. Thank you for being a friendly face and accommodating.
Kudos to Elizabeth Schwind: I first met Elizabeth several years ago at the Interlochen Writers Retreat. She is an amazingly gifted writer and a deeply good, kind, person. More recently, I was so pleasantly surprised when she joined us as an employee at NMC in the Foundation. I know from many sources; employees, alumni, students, donors and community members dropping by, that she has made the Foundation a warmer, more inviting place. Her personal efforts with the NMC food pantry have inspired many! Some people make a big impact at NMC, in a short amount of time. Elizabeth is one of those people.
The following employees are celebrating an anniversary soon. Please join us in congratulating them!
Are you looking for career opportunities? Find them here! jobs.nmc.edu. Current openings include:
- Curriculum and Scheduling Coordinator
- Curriculum and Instructional Designer
- Flight Instructor-Adjunct Faculty
- Clinical Nursing Adjunct Faculty
- GLMA Adjunct Faculty
- Surgical Technology Adjunct Faculty
- Technology Support Assistant
- Banquet Server – Hagerty center
- Banquet Cook – Hagerty Center
- Kitchen Steward – Hagerty Center